19.3.11

eat like giada and look like her too


{image}

2 Thin Chefs

Staying at my in-laws to house sit is always a relaxing time, especially because we get a nice comfortable bed and I can watch all the Food Network I want (I don't have cable at my apartment).

As mentioned before, I adore Giada's food, her style, her everything. As I was watching her show this morning I marveled at how thin she is with all the cheese, pasta, chocolate, and sugar she devours. I started doing some research and this is what I found. Read the article. It is fascinating. I would love to not be on a diet, but to live in such a way that I didn't need one.

I plan to change my eating habits. I'm not going to give details just yet because who knows if I'll be successful or not and I think that giving all the details right away will actually delay my progress. Suffice it to say I will be following some of Giada's methods. I found it fascinating. I think food is to be enjoyed, but just in smaller portions.

I know I just said I wouldn't give away the details until I was doing it for a little while, but I will say this one thing: I want to become a food snob. In the last page of the article above, the columnist marvels at how instead of picking up those dry donuts from the vending machine, just wait until you get home to have a satisfying, delicious Giada recipe (in a small portion, of course).

I'm excited to reveal the results.

I'll let you know, so stay posted.

One quote from Giada (from Shape magazine): Food is not the enemy!” De Laurentiis says. “It’s not food; it’s how much you eat. I eat pasta, but a small portion, not a giant one, and I eat more greens than carbs.” Though she watches portions, she doesn’t bother with exact measurements. “A good gauge is to think in terms of an appetizer-sized plate rather than dinner-sized. Then tell yourself that you’ll savor every bite.”

“Morning workouts, every day, are the best thing for me. I do yoga, which I got into while I was pregnant, or a half hour on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Getting up and getting my blood going gives me energy for the whole day.”

1 comment: