15.7.11

Real Food


I am changing the way my little family eats. I have heard over and over again about the importance of eating real, unprocessed foods, but recently, I've been discouraged by how much it costs. It is expensive sometimes, especially in a community where organic foods are not well-supported and can be outrageously priced. Even our farmer's market is more of a craft fair than a place to get fresh veggies and fruit. It extremely disappointing.

Well, after watching this video, I am back on the road to eating healthy, unprocessed foods. Watch it. You will be inspired too. I had no idea that the food industry had changed so much since the 90s and that there is a reason some people are focusing on returning to the way our grandmothers cooked. I plan to do that and soon.

The problem still is the budget. I just found this amazing e-book called Real Food on a Real Budget. I am about 45 pages in and drinking it up. Eating well on a budget does seem possible and I'm going to try some things out and let you know how it goes. So stay posted.

I'm interested in your thoughts. What do you think about the video?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That makes so much sense! I had no idea that the 90's was when so many things became more artificial. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete